Microfilm and Fiche Production Scanners
The ultimate for high performance microfilm and fiche capture.
Eclipse roll film scanner and FlexScan roll and fiche scanner.
NextScan is a world leader in cutting edge technology for the micrographics conversion and document management industry.
Incorporated in 2002, nextScan was established to give the microfilm and microfiche conversion market a high performance alternative to existing technologies. NextScan and ST Imaging joined forces in December 2015 to give products that fulfil the reader/printer and production markets.
NextScan’s innovative patented products are designed and built with simplicity and functionality to increase user production and lower overall costs for scanning film and fiche.
Two models to fulfil your needs
Patrons wanting to access the film archives come with widely differing skill sets, which is why the ST ViewScan system provides three popular modes of operation that you can customize for their needs, Simple, Standard and Advanced. The result is happy patrons and less time spent training users on how to use the system.
Eclipse 16/35mm roll scanner
The World’s Leading Production Level Rollfilm Scanners…
The Eclipse 16/35mm roll film scanning solution provides a complete package of hardware, software, training and support to provide the fastest throughput and highest quality digital images in the market today.
- Scan 16 and 35mm roll film at speeds well over 1000 ppm, nearly twice the speed of any other scanner on the market.
- Support for Pancake (up to 2500 ft) reels, including movie film reels
- Patented film transport to ensure the highest linearity
- Patented LuminTec LED Strobe Light Illumination system makes nextScan the leader in image quality
- Pioneers of Ribbon Scanning software for guaranteed image capture and image detection
- Multiple output formats including PDF A, TIFF, JPEG, JPEG2000 and many others
- Enhancement of signatures and handwritten data
- 12-bit Scan and 12-bit Output Images
Designed for Simplicity of use, low service requirements and a 24/7 production environment.
FlexScan 3 in 1 scanner - roll, fiche and aperture cards
FlexScan is a multi-format Production Microfilm Scanner to give you the best solution for your conversion projects.
This powerful system can handle the unique properties of microfilm and aperture card scanning including:
- Scan microfiche at speeds up to 200 ppm – speeds up to 600 ppm when employing autoloader
- Scan 16mm roll film at speeds up to 400 ppm
- Scanning high density images
- Deskewing of images on microfiche or roll film
- Multiple output formats including PDF/A
- Handles all standard fiche formats and custom sizes up to 5x8inches
- Patented LuminTec – ultimate image quality from a strobed illumination system
- Ribbon scanning software for guaranteed image capture and detection
- Single fiche scanning or optional autoloader for unattended scanning (see FlexLoader below)
- Includes NextStar Plus workflow Software the industry technology lead
- Simultaneous capture and output, maximized throughput
- QA/Audit during or after the scan, from multiple workstations
FlexLoader - the ultimate for fiche production
The FlexLoader is an attachment for the FlexScan Fiche Module.
It handles standard fiche, jackets, Jumbo Fiche (same as Ultra Fiche), Mini Fiche (3″ x5″) and Aperture Cards.
If additional formats are required we can design and supply new inserts for any transparency up to 8″ x 5″.
The unit requires minimal service, as there are very few moving parts.
Add a Flex Loader to a FlexScan Fiche system and you have the fastest fiche and Aperture Card scanning platform in the world. Key features are;
- Un-matched fiche separation ability,
- Reliable load and unload,
- Very fast load/unload cycle time as little as 3 seconds,
- Quiet gentle operation,
- No tearing jacketed fiche apart,
- Frees up operators for other tasks,
- One Operator, Many scanners,
- Input hopper capacity: 200 Microfiche / 180 Film Jackets / 100 Aperture Cards.
WHATS IN THE BOX